Wednesday, June 4

Sun's out.

Finally. And with it, a marked improvement in mood. It sucks a little bit that I feel I'm finally finding my place here and I'm about to leave, but that makes complete sense and I'm sure I'm far from the first person to experience abroad-ness like that. In less general news:

Plans are now in place to go to The End, a London superclub with (allegedly) one of the best soundsystems in the world. Not loudest, but best. Which is awesome. So next Monday I'll be taking my last field trip into London with a few friends to dance my pants off.

I'm on the verge of beginning my outline for my Joyce paper (I've decided to write about the Cyclops chapter as a model for how Joyce writes an inside-out novel full of modernized allusions to Homer's Odyssey; real original, I know), which is obviously why I'm writing this. We *might* go punting later today (boating) if the weather holds.

There's also this, which is unbelievably good if you haven't heard it. As Sam says, "a perfect pop song."

No comments: