Monday, June 9

Another great day.

So yesterday woke up not expecting big things. And I was right, but there were fun things. We had the (first?) annual St. Catz Summer Fête, basically a mini-summer sendoff, complete with carnival games, genuinely impressive magicianry, hookah (my poor lungs), and homemade (alcoholic) cider. It was an unbelievably gorgeous day, and I had a really good time wandering from "mesopotamia" (the field where the fête was was between two rivers) to the tennis courts to watch some friends play. I went to a greasy Chinese restaurant for dinner with most of my friends here, then out to ice cream, which was absolutely perfect. I headed back to my room, and ended up watching the British cult classic "Withnail and I," which was awesome. We rounded out the evening with a few episodes of Clone High, and then passed out.http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

I just edited my James Joyce paper, I'm going to return all my books today, take out the last one I need (to do my final piece of work here; a poem), go into town to top up my phone (maybe with my piles of change that I need to get rid of), grab a few groceries, etc. Tonight I'm going into London to one of the best clubs in the world, called The End, and stagger back to Oxford in the wee hours.

No comments: